Fiorentina star Ribéry named Serie A MVP for September
Following his goals against Atalanta and AC Milan, recognition has come for Fiorentina's free signing from Bayern Munich with a player of the month award.
Franck Ribéry has been named Serie A's Most Valuable Player for September following a sterling start to his Fiorentina career.
The experienced former France international moved to Florence from Bayern Munich as a free agent and has taken little time to adapt to Italian football.
After debuting against Napoli in August, winger Ribéry scored his maiden Fiorentina goal with a well-judged volley in a 2-2 draw at Atalanta on September 22.
He had been given a standing ovation for a lively performance in the previous weekend's stalemate against Juventus and won another after starring and scoring in a brilliant 3-1 win over AC Milan at San Siro.
Ribéry, 36, made five appearances in total in September, helping Fiorentina end the month in 10th.
Vincenzo Montella will hope the former Marseille man continues his fine form when La Viola entertain mid-table Udinese on Sunday.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Carlos Vela will not play in the MLS is Back tournament
- US NEWS Trump Rallies for the 2020 presidential elections in the United States: schedule, dates and places
- Next Generation – Rayan Cherki, Lyon's latest academy gem earning links to Real Madrid, Man Utd
- CORONAVIRUS What is the bubonic plague, its symptoms and how it spreads?
- LALIGA LaLiga countdown: remaining fixtures for Real Madrid and Barcelona
- World Football Summit “The countries with the best response to Covid-19 were led by women, football should learn from that”