Fiorentina star Ribéry named Serie A MVP for September
Following his goals against Atalanta and AC Milan, recognition has come for Fiorentina's free signing from Bayern Munich with a player of the month award.
Franck Ribéry has been named Serie A's Most Valuable Player for September following a sterling start to his Fiorentina career.
The experienced former France international moved to Florence from Bayern Munich as a free agent and has taken little time to adapt to Italian football.
After debuting against Napoli in August, winger Ribéry scored his maiden Fiorentina goal with a well-judged volley in a 2-2 draw at Atalanta on September 22.
He had been given a standing ovation for a lively performance in the previous weekend's stalemate against Juventus and won another after starring and scoring in a brilliant 3-1 win over AC Milan at San Siro.
Ribéry, 36, made five appearances in total in September, helping Fiorentina end the month in 10th.
Vincenzo Montella will hope the former Marseille man continues his fine form when La Viola entertain mid-table Udinese on Sunday.
Te recomendamos en English
- Biden vs Trump Does Joe Biden want to shut down USA to control coronavirus?
- Presidential debate Presidential Debate 2020: Reactions as Trump and Biden clash
- EFL Cup Lampard and Mourinho play down touchline to-do as Spurs triumph in EFL Cup
- Election 2020 Biden - Trump debate, as it happened, reactions: USA presidential election 2020
- US NEWS | CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: will there be a new payment in October?
- US NEWS US elections 2020: who are the three moderators for the presidential debates?