Fiorentina star Ribéry named Serie A MVP for September
Following his goals against Atalanta and AC Milan, recognition has come for Fiorentina's free signing from Bayern Munich with a player of the month award.
Franck Ribéry has been named Serie A's Most Valuable Player for September following a sterling start to his Fiorentina career.
The experienced former France international moved to Florence from Bayern Munich as a free agent and has taken little time to adapt to Italian football.
After debuting against Napoli in August, winger Ribéry scored his maiden Fiorentina goal with a well-judged volley in a 2-2 draw at Atalanta on September 22.
He had been given a standing ovation for a lively performance in the previous weekend's stalemate against Juventus and won another after starring and scoring in a brilliant 3-1 win over AC Milan at San Siro.
Ribéry, 36, made five appearances in total in September, helping Fiorentina end the month in 10th.
Vincenzo Montella will hope the former Marseille man continues his fine form when La Viola entertain mid-table Udinese on Sunday.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA Gymnastics Women's Team Finals: participants, format, scoring
- TOKYO OLYMPICS Simone Biles’ family life: who are her parents and boyfriend?
- OLYMPICS | GYMNASTICS What is Simone Biles' net worth?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 27 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS Olympic Games: what are the 100m and 200m world records?
- US NEWS Are stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit payments leading to an increase in inflation?