Real Madrid: Hazard wants more after first goal for LaLiga club
Eden Hazard hopes his goal against Granada was the first of many for Real Madrid.
Eden Hazard was relieved to finally score his first Real Madrid goal in Saturday's 4-2 LaLiga win over Granada.
Hazard netted his first goal since arriving at Madrid for 100 million euros from Chelsea in June and also provided an assist as Zinedine Zidane's men pulled four points clear at the top.
"I hope to score lots of goals for this great club"
The Belgium international was pleased to get on the scoresheet and the attacker hopes it is the first of many for the LaLiga giants.
"I am pleased with the win, when you play you want to score, but the crucial thing was getting the win. We are still top of the league, that was our aim," Hazard told Real Madrid TV.
"It's always difficult to get that first goal but once you get it, you have greater confidence to shoot and I hope to score lots of goals for this great club. It was important for me to score.
"It was a really hard-fought win because Granada played really well, they're a strong side and that's why they're second in LaLiga, but we gave our all throughout the 90 minutes and won the game.
"There's always room for improvement but that's three important points."
Benzema, Modric and James also on target in win
Karim Benzema, Luka Modric and James Rodríguez also scored for Madrid, who were pegged back from 3-0 up to 3-2 before closing out their victory.
Te recomendamos en English
- AFCON qualifiers Despite an early scare, Nigeria too strong for plucky Lesotho
- Barcelona Barcelona: Dani Olmo leaves door open for Camp Nou return
- MLS Mandzukic: Inter Miami and LA Galaxy want Juventus striker
- European Championships England end Euro 2020 qualifying campaign on a high
- Euro 2020 Van Dijk leaves Netherlands squad due to personal reasons
- CRISTIANO RONALDO Cristiano: "You all invented a story that all was not well at Juve"