Liverpool: Salah avoids serious ankle damage in Leicester win
A scan has revealed that Mohamed Salah did not suffer serious damage following a robust tackle by Hamza Choudhury at the weekend.
Mohamed Salah suffered no major injury to his ankle following a challenge from Hamza Choudhury in Liverpool's clash with Leicester City on Saturday.
Klopp left fuming over Choudhury challenge on Salah
Jürgen Klopp was furious with the tackle that saw the Liverpool forward hobble out of the 2-1 Premier League win, secured by James Milner's stoppage-time penalty, saying: "I cannot get over the Choudhury yellow card. He should know better."
Omnisport understands the Egypt international has had a scan, which revealed no serious damage.
Salah has not been included in Egypt's squad for their forthcoming friendly against Botswana, while the Reds now face an anxious wait to see if he will recover in time for the Premier League clash with Manchester United on October 20.
Strong start heading into the international break pic.twitter.com/J5J2z7eaC5— Liverpool FC (@LFC) October 6, 2019
Choudhury receives racist abuse after incident
Choudhury was targeted with racial abuse on social media following the incident, which Leicester have asked police to investigate.
A Leicester spokesman said: "We are appalled by these comments, which the club has reported to the police and to the social media platform on which they were made.
"Discriminatory behaviour has no place in football or in society and we will seek the strongest possible course of action to be taken against those responsible."
Te recomendamos en English
- Real Madrid Real Madrid: Kroos says whoever adapts quickest will win LaLiga
- MLS MLS and Players have reached a new agreement to green light the 2020 season
- Coronavirus Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus check: what does ‘Need More Information' on IRS Get My Payment tool mean?
- Barcelona Barcelona: Messi could miss the return of LaLiga due to injury