Barcelona sack Victor Valdés
The former keeper's falling out with Kluivert was instrumental in seeing him leave the Catalan club with Franc Artiga now set to cover his role.
FC Barcelona have confirmed that Víctor Valdés has left the club and his position as head coach of the Juvenil A (U-19 side) with Franc Artiga (former Juvenil B) coach set to oversee the A team.
After a disagreement with Barça's director of youth football Patrick Kluivert last week, Valdés failed to travel with his team this weekend to Tarragona as speculation grew that his time was numbered with the Catalan club.
The former keeper who was hotly tipped to be a successful coach in the future by the likes of Xavi, was outspoken against certain steps taken by the Barça board and was disappointed that his team couldn't play at the new Estadi Johan Cruyff (former Mini Estadi).
Defeats to both Bourssia Dortmund and Inter in the opening two games of the UEFA Youth League were also badly received by the board who now begin for a permanent search for the former Barça and Middlesbrough stopper.
Te recomendamos en English
- GALATASARAY 0-REAL MADRID 1 Zidane: "There's never an easy week at Real Madrid"
- GALATASARAY 0 - 1 REAL MADRID Marcelo says Real Madrid unlucky not to score two or three against Galatasaray
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Liverpool stars deserve Ballon d'Or nominations, says Klopp
- ATLÉTICO 1-0 BAYER LEVERKUSEN Simeone: "Aragonés, Caminero, Kiko... we've all been whistled"
- MANCHESTER CITY Rodri pulls up as Manchester City battle Atalanta
- Barcelona are not treating Slavia Prague lightly, insists Valverde