Barcelona sack Victor Valdés
The former keeper's falling out with Kluivert was instrumental in seeing him leave the Catalan club with Franc Artiga now set to cover his role.
FC Barcelona have confirmed that Víctor Valdés has left the club and his position as head coach of the Juvenil A (U-19 side) with Franc Artiga (former Juvenil B) coach set to oversee the A team.
After a disagreement with Barça's director of youth football Patrick Kluivert last week, Valdés failed to travel with his team this weekend to Tarragona as speculation grew that his time was numbered with the Catalan club.
The former keeper who was hotly tipped to be a successful coach in the future by the likes of Xavi, was outspoken against certain steps taken by the Barça board and was disappointed that his team couldn't play at the new Estadi Johan Cruyff (former Mini Estadi).
Defeats to both Bourssia Dortmund and Inter in the opening two games of the UEFA Youth League were also badly received by the board who now begin for a permanent search for the former Barça and Middlesbrough stopper.
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League Lampard's Chelsea equal entire 2019-20 error tally in 45 minutes
- Atlético Madrid Simeone wants Suárez to be a Falcao-like catalyst for success
- Premier League Premier League Preview: Liverpool vs Arsenal
- Premier League Solskjaer admits Man Utd 'got away with one' after last-gasp victory
- STIMULUS CHECKS Stimulus checks: what is proposed in Democrats' new $2.4 trillion plan?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news