Steven Gerrard targeted by Leeds United for post-Bielsa manager
According to Football Insider, the Liverpool legend and current Glasgow Rangers boss is top of the replacement list at the Championship club.
In his first senior managerial role, things are going well for Steven Gerrard. The Liverpool legend has taken Glasgow Rangers to the top of the Scottish Premiership after eight games and according to Football Insider, a big club in England has been keeping tabs.
Gerrard Leeds the way
With seven wins and 26 goals in their opening league fixtures, while battling it out in the Europa League group stage, Gerrard has impressed the loyal fans of the Scottish giants. One of his main objectives there this season is to stop bitter rivals Celtic from extending their run of league title to nine in a row, although just closing the gap - given the clubs' recent contrasting histories - is seen as huge progress in itself.
Based on the report, the former England international is being lined up as a potential successor to Marcelo Bielsa at Leeds United. The Championship side are currently fifth, 11 games into the campaign but after getting so close to promotion to the Premier League last season, failing again may have the Argentine looking for a new challenge elsewhere. A source at the Yorkshire club has reportedly said that they are already considering replacements if that was to happen, and the man hoped by many fans to return to Anfield's dugout one day is top of their list.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Real Madrid watch as tensions grow between Mbappé and PSG
- EURO 2020 Cristiano Ronaldo becomes European Championship's record goalscorer
- NBA Who are the highest paid NBA players in 2021?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth stimulus check: what organizations are in favor of a new payment?
- US News Unemployment benefits: can you keep the payments if you go back to work?
- US News Which states have abolished federal unemployment benefits and why?