Max Allegri gives Manchester United deadline to sack Solskjaer
If the Premier League giants want to bring in the experienced Italian to turn their fortunes around, they'll have to do it quickly, say Gazzetta dello Sport.
The relative crisis at Manchester United may see a new chapter in the coming days if reports in Italy are to be believed, with Massimiliano Allegri putting himself in contention to take over the manager's job.
Allegri to oust Solskjaer
According to Gazzetta dello Sport, the former Juventus boss is determined to take on the Old Trafford challenge after signing off his time with the Italian giants lifting a fifth Serie A title. Allegri is reported to have set the Premier League club a deadline to remove Ole Gunnar Solskjaer from the dugout.
You may also like | Solskjaer: 'caretaker syndrome' to play out at Theatre of Dreams
The 52-year old is said to not want to wait around till mid-way through the season to take over the reins and will therefore only agree to the move if it happens in 'the next few weeks'.
United are off to their worst start in 30 years and following the international break welcome bitter rivals Liverpool - who have won eight of eight - to the so-called 'Theatre of Dreams'. If the board in Manchester do decide to make the change, they may do so on the back of that particular game.
From Old Lady to Old Trafford
Allegri's arrival would likely excite the fans given his excellent resume from his time in Italian football. His incredible domestic success with Juve and previously AC Milan has seen him win six Scudettos and four cups, as well as reaching two Champions League finals. Stories emerged in recent weeks that the experienced manager was learning English.
Other reports on Tuesday have stated that United are also considering young German coach Julian Nagelsmann, who has impressed at Red Bull Leipzig.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? | Will it arrive in March & IRS tax return | Live
- 2030 WORLD CUP Johnson backs UK bid for 2030 World Cup, offers stadiums for Euro 2020
- SERIE A The things that Georgina prohibits Cristiano from doing at home
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT OF 2021 Third stimulus check: when is it coming in March?
- BARCELONA FC Barcelona cleared from Barçagate, Bartomeu provisionally released
- NBA NBA: Harden triple-double leads Nets to win, Zion stuns Jazz