Mourinho rejects chance to manage Lyon
The Portuguese was contacted by Jean-Michel Aulas to substitute Sylvinho but the former Real Madrid and Manchester United manager rejected the chance.
Jose Mourinho has rejected advances by Lyon to replace Sylvinho. Jean-Michel Aulas, the president of the club, called the Portuguese coach and according to Aulas, Mou would have accepted if he had not already chosen his next club. He did not reveal the destination.
Mourinho had been linked with a move back to Real Madrid recently but crisis talks at the Bernabéu have slowed down again.
According to information from RMC Sport, Mourinho rejected the chance to manage the Ligue 1 club because he has his sights set on a return to the Premier League with his family still living in England. France, at the moment, is not a priority for the former Manchester United coach.
RMC do confirm, however, that Aulas will meet with Laurent Blanc on Thursday to sound out the former PSG manager. He is the favourite to replace Sylvinho, who was sacked after just 11 games at the club. After a good start that included wins over Monaco and Angers, they are currently winless in seven in Ligue 1.
Te recomendamos en English
- GALATASARAY 0-REAL MADRID 1 Zidane: "There's never an easy week at Real Madrid"
- GALATASARAY 0 - 1 REAL MADRID Marcelo says Real Madrid unlucky not to score two or three against Galatasaray
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Liverpool stars deserve Ballon d'Or nominations, says Klopp
- ATLÉTICO 1-0 BAYER LEVERKUSEN Simeone: "Aragonés, Caminero, Kiko... we've all been whistled"
- MANCHESTER CITY Rodri pulls up as Manchester City battle Atalanta
- Barcelona are not treating Slavia Prague lightly, insists Valverde