Kepa recalls Real Madrid interest: "I couldn't see myself joining any club..."
"My contract was up and from January, I was able to start talking to other clubs. I ended up renewing with the idea of staying; six months later I left", he told 'El Chiringuito.
Chelsea goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga sat down for a chat with Spanish football programme El Chiringuito and spoke about being linked with a move to Real Madrid, Eden Hazard and the possibility that he might return to Athletic Club one day.
Chance to join Real Madrid: "For several months my grandma saw more of me in the newspapers than in the flesh... There was a lot of talk about me. I was also injured for a while so it wasn't a good moment for me".
Zidane blocked your move to Madrid: "My contract was due to expire and from January onwards I was able to start talking to other clubs. I couldn't see myself joining any club. I ended up renewing my contract with the idea of staying but six months later I left. That was the only contradiction".
Kepa on Hazard's portly physique
Hazard: "Physically, he's always looked the same to me. I'm sure he'll do well at Real Madrid".
First choice with Spain: "I've had the confidence needed to be able to play for the national team. The coach has shown that whoever is playing well, gets to play but it would be a mistake for me to take it for granted that I am the first choice keeper".
Robert Moreno: "He's very straight with us and very clear. It's very easy for others to criticise Robert Moreno and say he doesn't have the experience to be head coach".
Stopping penalties: "I study forwards' reactions and how they are, it's a change from the routine".
Retiring at Athletic: "Yes, I'd like that".
Te recomendamos en English
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION NYC mayoral election: Which candidates have received the most endorsements?
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION NYC mayoral primary: polling times and how to vote
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION NYC Mayoral Primary: where do I vote?
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION NYC mayoral primary: what documentation do I need to vote?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT When will the IRS start to send the $3,000/$3,600 Child Tax Credit payments?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT IRS Child Tax Credit portal: how can I use it to opt out and what other uses does it have?