Wenger: Hazard "exceptional", but can't replace Ronaldo
Real Madrid will discover "the real Hazard" but he will never be able to fill the void left by Cristiano Ronaldo, according to Arsene Wenger.
Ex-Arsenal manger, Arsène Wenger, has claimed that Eden Hazard will not able to fill the void left by Cristiano Ronaldo at Real Madrid.
While Wenger hailed Hazard as an “exceptional player” who will be a success at the Bernabéu, he believed the Belgian international is not capable of replacing the Portuguese star, who averaged fifty goals a season during his time at the Spanish club.
Early question marks have hung over Hazard amid his struggle to find his best form since making the switch from Chelsea in the summer. But after failing to provide a goal or assist in his first five games for Madrid, he managed to do both in the 4-2 win against Granada last weekend, scoring one and setting up another.
His impressive performance against Granada will have restored some optimism amongst Madridistas who expect Hazard to be the next big Galáctico. However, Wenger believes that the club still need to sign another high-profile striker to help make up the 50-goal void left by Ronaldo.
Wenger: Madrid haven’t discovered the real Hazard
"He will be the answer but not in replacing Ronaldo that is for sure- He will not score 50 goals a year because that's now how they play football,” Wenger told beIN Sports.
"They need another goal scorer in Real Madrid because Benzema is now 32 and if they had someone younger around him to score the goals, maybe they could do very well. Eden Hazard is an exceptional player to create chances to sometimes finish when he needs to do in big games.
"He's not scared of anybody - I don't think Real have yet to see the real Hazard, he's not as sharp physically as he can be. That's why I believe they will discover the real Hazard."
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check Second stimulus check: what’s in the GOP bill to be voted on this week?
- Coronavirus stimulus checks Second stimulus check: US coronavirus relief bill update
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check What have Biden and Trump said about second stimulus check?
- Premier League Man Utd and Liverpool in European Premier League talks - report
- Inter Milan Conte: Inter better prepared to contend in Champions League
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Ramos ruled out of Real Madrid's Champions League opener