Barcelona's Piqué tweets, then deletes, mystery phone number
The Barça defender set chins a-wagging on Friday by tweeting a telephone number then quickly deleting it. What was that all about...?
Gerard Piqué raised eyebrows on social media on Friday morning by tweeting a phone number and, moments later, deleting the post.
Was the tweet meant to be a private message? Is it a publicity stunt? Is Piqué trolling someone? Is he just toying with us all?
It's a veritable mystery. We think we know who to call...
"Is that Valverde's number?"
Despite Piqué hastily removing the post, many of the Barcelona defender's 19.5 million followers had time to reply with their theories on the unidentified number.
"That'll be Roncero's number won't it?" quipped one Twitter user, in reference to AS journalist Tomás Roncero, who is a fervent fan of Barça's arch rivals, Real Madrid.
"Is that Ernesto Valverde's number?" asked another tweeter, presumably a Barça supporter who is not altogether satisfied with the Catalan club's head coach. "There are a good few things I'd like to say to him."
"Knowing what a troll Piqué is, that'll be David Broncano's number," ventured someone else. Piqué has recently traded jokey public jibes with Spanish TV presenter Broncano, on whose prime-time chat show, 'La Resistencia', he has appeared twice.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS SJ Earthquakes' Javier 'Chofis' López struggled to adapt to MLS
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in European Championship? Wednesday 23 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's candidates for a leader in the post-Ramos era
- FOOTBALL Sergio Ramos: Neymar key as PSG lead race for Real Madrid great
- NBA NBA: Bucks aim to take down Hawks in battle for the East
- NBA NBA Draft Lottery: Detroit Pistons win top pick