Barcelona's Piqué tweets, then deletes, mystery phone number
The Barça defender set chins a-wagging on Friday by tweeting a telephone number then quickly deleting it. What was that all about...?
Gerard Piqué raised eyebrows on social media on Friday morning by tweeting a phone number and, moments later, deleting the post.
Was the tweet meant to be a private message? Is it a publicity stunt? Is Piqué trolling someone? Is he just toying with us all?
It's a veritable mystery. We think we know who to call...
"Is that Valverde's number?"
Despite Piqué hastily removing the post, many of the Barcelona defender's 19.5 million followers had time to reply with their theories on the unidentified number.
"That'll be Roncero's number won't it?" quipped one Twitter user, in reference to AS journalist Tomás Roncero, who is a fervent fan of Barça's arch rivals, Real Madrid.
"Is that Ernesto Valverde's number?" asked another tweeter, presumably a Barça supporter who is not altogether satisfied with the Catalan club's head coach. "There are a good few things I'd like to say to him."
"Knowing what a troll Piqué is, that'll be David Broncano's number," ventured someone else. Piqué has recently traded jokey public jibes with Spanish TV presenter Broncano, on whose prime-time chat show, 'La Resistencia', he has appeared twice.
Te recomendamos en English
- COPA DEL REY Atlético stunned by Cultural Leonesa in Copa del Rey shock
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Setién and Valverde not that different, says De Jong
- SCHALKE 04 Todibo: "During training, you had to defend Messi with caution"
- MANCHESTER CITY Silva: "Real Madrid called me year after year but I didn't go"
- Manchester United How bad are Manchester United under Solskjaer?
- REAL MADRID Benzema: Real Madrid striker agrees contract extension