Ansu Fati called up to Spain under-21 squad
The Barcelona attacker will replace his teammate Carles Pérez in Luis de la Fuente's squad to play Montenegro on Tuesday night in their Euro 2021 qualifier.
Ansu Fati has been called up to Spain's under-21 squad after Barcelona team-mate Carles Pérez withdrew due to injury.
The 16-year-old was granted FIFA clearance after manager, Luis de la Fuente, had named his squad but with the injury to Pérez came a chance to call the young attacker into his plans. The paperwork necessary was delivered on time by the Spanish federation but making sure he never played for Guinea Bissau meant a delay with the green light.
Fati's emergence at Barcelona saw Spain sped up the process of getting him his passport after he moved to the country when he was eight. Robert Moreno is also said to be keen to get him into the system and there was talk of a potential call-up to the senior squad. For now though, he enters the under-21 squad for the upcoming fixture.
Spain play Montenegro on Tuesday in the Euro 2021 qualifiers. They sit atop Group F on six points after winning both of their first two games.
Te recomendamos en English
- US Election 2020 USA Election 2020: is it mandatory to vote and can I be fined?
- US Election 2020 What's Trump's plan to improve the economy, provide stimulus and lower unemployment?
- US Election 2020 USA Election 2020: what does a ballot look like?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check Second stimulus check: could it be higher than $1,200?
- UNITED STATES USA elections 2020 live online updates: Trump - Biden, polls, stimulus checks, latest news
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live online updates: cases, deaths, stimulus checks and latest news