Moldova bowled over by Andorra! Minnows win first European Championship qualifier
The long wait is over for Andorra - they have picked up their maiden win in European Championship qualifying by beating Moldova.
Andorra triumphed 1-0 against Moldova to finally record their first European Championship qualifying victory at the 57th attempt.
Ranked 139th in the latest FIFA rankings, Andorra had endured a barren run prior to Friday's clash at Estadi Nacional d'Andorra.
Vales scores Andorra's historic winner
Marc Vales headed in the historic goal for the hosts in the 63rd minute, by which time Moldova had seen Radu Ginsari sent off after receiving a second yellow card.
The victory is Andorra's first at international level since beating Liechtenstein in a friendly in March 2018.
FINAAAAAAAAAAAL!!!!! SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI!!!! L'HEM TORNAT A FER MOOOOOLT GROSSAAAAAA!!!!!! 🇦🇩⚽️🇲🇩 pic.twitter.com/ARDiJMP7Xj— FederacióAndFutbol (@Fedandfut) October 11, 2019
Koldo Álvarez's side move level on points with Moldova in Group H - they travel to Iceland on Monday for their next outing.
Te recomendamos en English
- Brazil vs Argentina Brazil vs Argentina: most valuable starting XIs
- Brazil Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar: Pelé picks his preferred partner
- Barcelona Barcelona: Luis Suárez says Camp Nou need to find a new striker
- PSG Mbappé: PSG star to ignore Real Madrid and stay in Paris
- International football Maradona, Pelé: Brazil Argentina all-time best combined XI
- International Friendly Gaza violence puts Argentina-Uruguay friendly under threat