Moldova bowled over by Andorra! Minnows win first European Championship qualifier
The long wait is over for Andorra - they have picked up their maiden win in European Championship qualifying by beating Moldova.
Andorra triumphed 1-0 against Moldova to finally record their first European Championship qualifying victory at the 57th attempt.
Ranked 139th in the latest FIFA rankings, Andorra had endured a barren run prior to Friday's clash at Estadi Nacional d'Andorra.
Vales scores Andorra's historic winner
Marc Vales headed in the historic goal for the hosts in the 63rd minute, by which time Moldova had seen Radu Ginsari sent off after receiving a second yellow card.
The victory is Andorra's first at international level since beating Liechtenstein in a friendly in March 2018.
FINAAAAAAAAAAAL!!!!! SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI!!!! L'HEM TORNAT A FER MOOOOOLT GROSSAAAAAA!!!!!! 🇦🇩⚽️🇲🇩 pic.twitter.com/ARDiJMP7Xj— FederacióAndFutbol (@Fedandfut) October 11, 2019
Koldo Álvarez's side move level on points with Moldova in Group H - they travel to Iceland on Monday for their next outing.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Golden State Stimulus: What is it, who approved it, and how does it differ from federal stimulus check?
- NBA Lakers vs Suns live online: scores, stats, highlights, updates...
- REAL MADRID 2-2 SEVILLA Zidane slams referee after controversial Sevilla penalty
- US News What states are ending pandemic-related unemployment benefits?
- LIGUE 1 PSG title chances dented by draw away to Rennes
- US News Do you need to work to claim the child tax credit?