Sergio Ramos becomes most-capped player in Spain's history
Goalkeeper Iker Casillas held the record of most appearances for Spain, but Sergio Ramos has now moved beyond him, on to 168.
Sergio Ramos has become the most-capped player in Spain's history, eclipsing Iker Casillas' record by making his 168th appearance for La Roja.
When he equalled Casillas' record last month, Ramos indicated he has a landmark appearance in mind before following former centre-back partner Gerard Pique into international retirement.
"Records are there to be broken," said the Real Madrid defender, who made his Spain debut in 2005.
"I hope that this momentum, enthusiasm and ambition always accompanies me and that I reach 200 games, which is the objective. You have to make it difficult."
@SergioRamos cumple hoy 168 partidos con nuestra camiseta y se convierte en el futbolista que más veces ha jugado con ella.— Selección Española de Fútbol (@SeFutbol) October 12, 2019
Aún nos queda mucho por vivir juntos.
ERES LEYENDA, CAPITÁN#RamosLeyenda pic.twitter.com/qkK0E9ct9O
Ramos is reportedly keen to play for Spain at the Olympic Games in Tokyo next year in a bid to add to the World Cup and European Championship titles he has won with La Roja.
Asked about the matter this week, Moreno told reporters: "I haven't talked about the Olympic Games with him. That desire defines him as a footballer.
"He has one more motivation to add to his career. It is difficult, when you have won everything, to stay motivated."
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS What will the new IRS income tax brackets be for 2021?
- Coronavirus stimulus checks IRS extends $500 stimulus check for kids deadline - when is the new date and how do you claim it?
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Who are the candidates for 2020 US Elections besides Trump and Biden?
- US ELECTIONS Will Amish people vote in the 2020 USA Elections?
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live online updates: cases, deaths, stimulus checks and latest news
- UNITED STATES USA elections 2020 live online updates: Trump - Biden, polls, stimulus checks, latest news