Luka Jovic dropped as punishment by Serbian coach
The Serbian national team manager, Ljubisa Tumbakovic, saw the Real Madrid striker's actions as a snub and left him out for this international break.
The absence of Luka Jovic from Serbia's matches against Paraguay and Lithuania in October was not, as had been stated, for his lack of playing time at Real Madrid. Instead it was apparently an act of punishment from the new coach, Ljubisa Tumbakovic.
Jovic in the bad books
Jovic had been called up for national duty in September. In the first game against Portugal, the coach left him on the bench, bringing him on with only three minutes remaining. For the following game, against Luxembourg, the striker cited an injury and was let go from the squad, but then four days later he played for Real Madrid against Levante (even if it was only the final seven minutes). It is suggested Tumbakovic took note, considered it a snub, and left him out of his current group.
From Los Blancos' perspective, this is clearly a positive. The striker is fighting to get a regular place in Zinedine Zidane's first team, and prove his worth to the club and their supporters following a big money move in the summer. Jovic is one of nine players using this international break to impress the French coach.
Te recomendamos en English
- TENNIS Serena Williams future concern after French Open withdrawal
- NBA FINALS 2020, LAKERS-HEAT LA Lakers - Miami Heat: Times, TV and how to watch on TV
- US Election 2020 What did Trump say about vote by mail in debate against Biden?
- Coronavirus India Covid-19 cases surpass 6.2 million; vice-president Venkaiah Naidu tests positive
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: how much would be paid to children and adults in new HEROES Act?
- US NEWS US elections 2020: What did moderator Chris Wallace and Trump argue about?