Mbappé for Suárez, Lovren out, Neymar deal, Eriksen options...
It's our regular visit round the back pages to see who may be moving clubs, and Barcelona's search for a new striker has Kylian Mbappé as a dream target.
Either through injuries or dips in form, Luis Suárez has started to show signs of regression at Barcelona and they are planning for a future without him.
The Uruguayan striker has been a remarkable player for Barca, but at 32 he is approaching the twilight of his career and the Blaugrana have been considering who they might want to replace him with when the time comes.
Meanwhile, one player recently heavily linked with Barca could be signing a new contract with his current employers.
Barcelona's striker shortlist
Barca have significantly strengthened several areas of their team in recent transfer windows, with Antoine Griezmann, Junior Firpo, Frenkie de Jong and Neto bolstering their options.
They are now beginning to turn their attentions to the central striker role, according to Mundo Deportivo.
🧐 A Barça y Madrid les gustan los mismos— Mundo Deportivo (@mundodeportivo) October 12, 2019
🎯 Mbappé, Fabián, Havertz y Camavinga están en el punto de mira de los dos grandes de la Ligahttps://t.co/TzulpwClNa vía @xavimunyozMD pic.twitter.com/Wg9sKoosC2
The publication reports Paris Saint-Germain star Kylian Mbappé is the ideal target, though Barça are said to be hopeful of getting him on a cut-price deal in 2021 after he has entered the final year of his contract, assuming he does not sign an extension in the meantime.
England and Tottenham striker Harry Kane is also said to be high up their list, despite their being acknowledgement that his wages would be more of an issue than the transfer fee.
The other two reportedly being considered are Marcus Rashford of Manchester United and Inter's Lautaro Martinez.
Round up of the rest
- Barca missed out on securing the return of Neymar in the most recent transfer window and, according to Gazzetta dello Sport, PSG are now planning to offer the Brazilian a new bumper contract.
- The LaLiga champions are also looking at midfield reinforcements with potential. Napoli's Fabian Ruiz, Eduardo Camavinga of Rennes and Bayer Leverkusen star Kai Havertz are all being considered, though Mundo Deportivo say Real Madrid are also tracking the trio with intent.
- Christian Eriksen's future has been a hot topic for the last few months, with the Tottenham midfielder's contract ending next year. Sport1 in Germany claim Bayern Munich have already been in touch with him, despite many in Spain being convinced that Madrid will be his new club.
- Liverpool are hoping to sign Brighton and Hove Albion-owned centre-back Ben White, 21, according to the Sun. The defender is impressing on loan at Leeds United and the Reds see him as a replacement for Dejan Lovren, who is said to be eager for a move to get first-team football.
- Despite languishing 12th in the Premier League after a wretched start to the season, the Daily Mail say Manchester United will not be splashing the cash in the January transfer window.
- But the Daily Express report United have reached a "verbal agreement" with Mario Mandzukic of Juventus, who are said to be demanding £10million for the Croatian forward.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID James won't play for Real Madrid again and is looking for a new club
- Fred issues Man Utd Europa League warning
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League in Opta stats: Man City vs Real Madrid, Juventus vs Lyon
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: is a deal possible if not settled by Friday?
- STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: what is the bonus for Social Security retirees?
- MANCHESTER CITY-REAL MADRID | ZIDANE "Gareth Bale preferred not to play" - Zidane