Neymar: PSG alarm as forward picks up injury with Brazil
The forward was substituted after 12 minutes for Philippe Coutinho against Nigeria with what appeared to be a hamstring injury.
Neymar’s injury woes continued as the PSG forward lasted just 12 minutes against Nigeria on international duty before limping off clutching the back of his left thigh while playing for Brazil in the National Stadium in Singapore.
Five minutes before he was replaced by Philippe Coutinho, Neymar was attended to by the Brazil medical staff on the touchline but deemed fine to continue. However, the Brazil number 10 could not continue and it remains to be seen what the extent of his injury is.
Neymar PSG's injury problems
Neymar has been dogged by injuries since his move to Paris in 2017, missing key games in both of his full seasons in the French capital with metatarsal, foot and ankle injuries. So far this season, he has managed just five games as he recovered from ruptured ankle ligaments and served a three game suspension in Europe after a social media outburst following PSG’s exit to Manchester United in the last 16, a game he also missed due to injury.
In total, Neymar has suffered nine separate injuries during his spell at PSG, missing around 40 games in all competitions during his two seasons in Paris.
Te recomendamos en English
- Spain Luis Enrique return handled perfectly, explains Rubiales
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City post record revenue according to report
- Tottenham Mauricio Pochettino leaves Tottenham Hotspur
- GIMNASIA LP Diego Maradona no longer manager at Gimnasia LP
- SERIE A Kluivert: De Ligt regrets picking Juventus over Barcelona
- REAL MADRID Skriniar's agent: "I can see him going to Real Madrid"