Neymar was not an injury risk before the game, insists Tite
Neymar was withdrawn with a knock during Brazil's friendly against Nigeria, but Tite insists he was not a pre-match worry.
Brazil coach Tite is adamant Neymar had shown no sign of injury before Sunday's 1-1 friendly draw with Nigeria, in which the forward was withdrawn after 12 minutes due to discomfort to his left leg.
Neymar limps out of friendly after 12 minutes
Neymar was named in Brazil's starting XI for the friendly in Singapore but appeared to reach for the back of his left leg as he made an early exit. He was then seen in conversation with a member of Brazil's staff on the bench, though the player did not look to be in significant pain. Nevertheless, given the injury problems the forward has sustained in the last two years, Tite was asked after the game if he had taken a risk by playing him.
Tite was unequivocal in his response, insisting the Paris Saint-Germain star would not have played had there been any doubt over his fitness. "No, not at all," Tite replied when asked if Neymar was at risk before the game. It would be irresponsible and incompetent of me [to play him if he was a doubt]. I would have to receive the complaints of the coach and the president of PSG if that happened."
Nice next for PSG
With the international break now over for Brazil, Neymar will return to PSG, who are next in action against Nice on Friday.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: will there be a new payment in November?
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, Amy Barret, cases, deaths, updates today
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Early voting in NYC: dates, how to vote and where to find locations near me
- GAMING NEWS Pokémon GO A Spooky Message Unmasked: all research tasks and rewards from Halloween event
- BRAZIL Ronaldinho tests positive for coronavirus
- Covid-19 Economic Crisis Unemployment benefits NY: why was New York denied an extra $300?