Ter Stegen and Semedo to be rewarded with improved deals
Both players are under contract at Barcelona until 2022, but the club is keen to hand them improved deals as to guarantee the futures of two key members of the squad.
Marc-André Ter stegen and Nelson Semedo both have another couple of years to run on their contracts (2022) but Barça are working to hand the two players improved deals. The club feels that they have a solid base of young players ready to take over from the old guard in De Jong, Lenglet, Arthur and Dembélé. Then there is Ansu Fati who is just breaking through and so they want to considate that base with players who have experience behind them like Ter Stegen and Semedo.
Hands-off message to clubs interested in Ter Stegen and Semedo
Ter Stegen will be rewarded with a new deal based on performance and as recognition of his exemplary professionalism, but also as a deterrent to other clubs who might decide to meet the goalkeeper's 90 million euro release clause. Semedo meanwhile has been waiting for better terms since Jorge Mendes turned up at the Camp Nou offices last summer with an offer from Atlético de Madrid - a situation which Barça hastily cooled after all of the fallout from signing Griezmann. Mendes did manage to get Barça to agree to improve the conditions in Semedo's contract. After an erratic start to the current campaign, the defender has found his groove within Valverde's team - even filling in at left-back in the games against Inter Milan and Sevilla.
Apart from Messi's proposed contract extension, which is matter exclusively controlled by president Josep Maria Bartomeu, new contracts for Semedo and Ter Stegen top the list of priorities as far as the first team squad is concerned at Barcelona.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Inter Miami will allow fans to attend match against Orlando City
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, cases, deaths, updates today
- Latest News USA When does daylight saving time end in the USA and when do the clocks go back?
- Gaming News CoD Modern Warfare and Warzone The Haunting of Verdansk: content from new update
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Second stimulus check: why is McConnell advising against the deal?
- Football Raja Casablanca petition CAF to postpone Zamalek match