Barcelona: Rakitic walks home on bypass as El Prat traffic blocked
Ivan Rakitic was among those affected after traffic to and from El Prat Airport was cut off by protests against the jailing of separatist leaders.
Barcelona's Ivan Rakitic was photographed making his way home on foot from the city's El Prat Airport after mass protests blocked traffic in Catalonia on Monday.
Protests erupt after independence leaders jailed
The airport was among the sites targeted by demonstrators as they expressed their anger at the Spanish Supreme Court's decision to jail nine Catalan separatist leaders for between nine and 13 years for their role in a 2017 attempt to unilaterally break away from Spain.
Rakitic seen walking away from airport along hard shoulder
Having arrived back in Barcelona from international duty with Croatia, the 31-year-old midfielder was snapped by the Twitter user @PREC96 walking along the hard shoulder of a busy bypass leading away from El Prat.
Rakitic appeared in both of Croatia's Euro 2020 qualifiers this international week, starting Thursday's 3-0 win over Hungary and coming on as a substitute in Sunday's 1-1 draw with Wales.
Te recomendamos en English
- E3 2021 Ubisoft Forward conference at E3 2021: times, stream online and how to watch
- US News Which European countries accept vaccinated travelers from the US?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT $3,000/$3,600 Child Tax Credit: how do I know if should have received the IRS letter?
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in Euro 2021? Saturday 12 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- ROLAND GARROS How many times has Nadal lost a match at Roland Garros?
- US News Fact check: can covid-19 vaccines make you magnetic?