Barcelona: Rakitic walks home on bypass as El Prat traffic blocked
Ivan Rakitic was among those affected after traffic to and from El Prat Airport was cut off by protests against the jailing of separatist leaders.
Barcelona's Ivan Rakitic was photographed making his way home on foot from the city's El Prat Airport after mass protests blocked traffic in Catalonia on Monday.
Protests erupt after independence leaders jailed
The airport was among the sites targeted by demonstrators as they expressed their anger at the Spanish Supreme Court's decision to jail nine Catalan separatist leaders for between nine and 13 years for their role in a 2017 attempt to unilaterally break away from Spain.
Rakitic seen walking away from airport along hard shoulder
Having arrived back in Barcelona from international duty with Croatia, the 31-year-old midfielder was snapped by the Twitter user @PREC96 walking along the hard shoulder of a busy bypass leading away from El Prat.
Rakitic appeared in both of Croatia's Euro 2020 qualifiers this international week, starting Thursday's 3-0 win over Hungary and coming on as a substitute in Sunday's 1-1 draw with Wales.
Te recomendamos en English
- Mourinho quips: Will Man Utd get Man City's 2018 title after FFP breach?
- Real Madrid Real Madrid's season set to be determined by the next 30 days
- PORTUGAL Extraordinary scenes as Porto's Marega walks off pitch over racist chants
- REAL MADRID Rodrygo and Vinicius seem inextricably linked
- JUVENTUS Sarri explains reasons for Ronaldo's omission following Juventus win
- Champions League Champions League Istanbul 2020 final match-ball revealed