Inter Milan put 108 million aside for further signings
Reports in Italy are suggesting that the Serie A side are going to continue their investment as they strive to knock Juventus off their perch.
Inter Milan did plenty of business in the summer transfer market. After returning themselves to the top table of the Champions League, the Italian club has focused on strengthening with high level players, with the likes of Diego Godín, Alexis Sánchez and Romelu Lukaku coming in.
According to reports in the Italian press this week, all signs point to the Serie A club not stopping with that investment, as they look to push on to compete with the elite of Europe. The fund that is being created for this - separate from that for the summer signings - comes from the sales of three players that have been cited as key to this growth plan. These are Mauro Icardi, Ivan Perisic and Joao Mario.
The Argentine has had a decent start to his Parisien life after PSG snapped him up as the deadline approached. A positive season could see the Ligue 1 club take advantage of the 70-million-euro purchase option that was agreed as part of the loan deal. Similar situations would see the Inter collect a further 20 million euros for Croatian Ivan Perisic from Bayern Munich, and 18 million euros from Lokomotiv Moscow for Joao Mario.
With these projected 108 million euros injection, Inter Milan's Antonio Conte is already preparing, with the targets clear: establish their place as a Champions League contender and end the reign of Juventus in Serie A. If the right players are available in January, don't be surprised to see the Nerazzurri make their move.
Te recomendamos en English
- US Election 2020 USA Election 2020: is it mandatory to vote and can I be fined?
- US Election 2020 What's Trump's plan to improve the economy, provide stimulus and lower unemployment?
- US Election 2020 USA Election 2020: what does a ballot look like?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check Second stimulus check: could it be higher than $1,200?
- UNITED STATES USA elections 2020 live online updates: Trump - Biden, polls, stimulus checks, latest news
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live online updates: cases, deaths, stimulus checks and latest news