Decision to be made on Wednesday over Clásico
LaLiga have sent a request to the Competition Committee to change the venue for the first Clásico of the season and await a response.
The possible change of venue for the first Clásico of the season on October 26 is in the hands of the Competition Committee of the Spanish football federation. They will meet on Thursday, 17 October, to discuss the proposed move.
A decision will be made on Wednesday, October 23, as to whether the game will be played, changed or suspended.
On Wednesday, it was proposed to move the game to Madrid due to ongoing conflict in Barcelona after pro-seperatist politicians were sentenced to jail time earlier in the week. The protests have caused mayhem in areas of the city and LaLiga want to avoid playing the Clásico, an already quite politically-charged game, during the disruption.
LaLiga have writen to the board of the federation asking for the change. They have called for the change due to "force majeure", which is described as "a contract provision that allows a party to suspend or terminate the performance of its obligations when certain circumstances beyond their control arise, making performance inadvisable, commercially impracticable, illegal, or impossible."
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL How do NFL players get paid? per game or per week?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK $600 stimulus check in California: who qualifies and how to track
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, $1400 payments, IRS tax deadline, stimulus calculator | Live
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: Will you get a $1,400 payment, and when?
- Entertainment CoD Black Ops & Warzone Season 2 new content: map, weapon, outbreak
- LOTTERY How much do you get if you have 1, 2 or 3 Powerball numbers?