Tearful Pulisic subbed off in USA-Canada clash
The player was subbed in the 60th minute of the game against Canada suffering with "flu-like symptoms," fever claimed US coach Gregg Berhalter.
Christian Pulisic's frustrating start to the 2019-20 season took another dip as the Chelsea player was forced off on the hour mark as the US national team faced Canada in Toronto.
After the game, US head coach Gregg Berhalter complained that he was forced to make the decision as the player was suffering with "flu-like symptoms," fever. The US lost the friendly to their neighbours from the north with Alphonso Davies putting Canada ahead shortly after Pulisic's substitution. An added time second from Cavallini added to a miserable evening for the USA side who now lie second in Group A of the Concacaf Nations League.
The player was visibly distressed with the decision which compounds his frustrating season to date. Despite a high weight of expectation on the 21-year-old following his big money move from Dortmund, the attacking winger admits that acclimatisation to the demands of the Premier League has been difficult.
Christian Pulisic frustrated after coming off against Canada.pic.twitter.com/ulHoYe4tl3— USMNT Only (@usmntonly) October 16, 2019
Pulisic's Chelsea face Newcastle United at Stamford Bridge this Saturday.
Te recomendamos en English
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION Voting in the NYC mayoral primary: who are the candidates?
- COVID-19 ECONOMIC RELIEF Will there be a second Golden State stimulus check in California?
- CORONAVIRUS US California digital vaccine card: how to get it
- 2021 ADVANCE CHILD TAX CREDIT $3,000/$3,600 Child Tax Credit: which families might need to opt out?
- BOXING What is Tyson Fury's boxing record?
- BOXING Who won the first and second Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder fights?