Tearful Pulisic subbed off in USA-Canada clash
The player was subbed in the 60th minute of the game against Canada suffering with "flu-like symptoms," fever claimed US coach Gregg Berhalter.
Christian Pulisic's frustrating start to the 2019-20 season took another dip as the Chelsea player was forced off on the hour mark as the US national team faced Canada in Toronto.
After the game, US head coach Gregg Berhalter complained that he was forced to make the decision as the player was suffering with "flu-like symptoms," fever. The US lost the friendly to their neighbours from the north with Alphonso Davies putting Canada ahead shortly after Pulisic's substitution. An added time second from Cavallini added to a miserable evening for the USA side who now lie second in Group A of the Concacaf Nations League.
The player was visibly distressed with the decision which compounds his frustrating season to date. Despite a high weight of expectation on the 21-year-old following his big money move from Dortmund, the attacking winger admits that acclimatisation to the demands of the Premier League has been difficult.
Christian Pulisic frustrated after coming off against Canada.pic.twitter.com/ulHoYe4tl3— USMNT Only (@usmntonly) October 16, 2019
Pulisic's Chelsea face Newcastle United at Stamford Bridge this Saturday.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: 20 January could be a key date for a new round of payments
- US Election 2020 Biden announces first nominations for White House cabinet
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: will there be a new payment in December?
- us news US Presidential Election & covid-19 updates: Trump, Biden, results, cases, latest news
- Champions League Juventus vs Ferencvaros: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- FOOTBALL Zlatan Ibrahimovic attacks EA Sports for using his image