Tearful Pulisic subbed off in USA-Canada clash
The player was subbed in the 60th minute of the game against Canada suffering with "flu-like symptoms," fever claimed US coach Gregg Berhalter.
Christian Pulisic's frustrating start to the 2019-20 season took another dip as the Chelsea player was forced off on the hour mark as the US national team faced Canada in Toronto.
After the game, US head coach Gregg Berhalter complained that he was forced to make the decision as the player was suffering with "flu-like symptoms," fever. The US lost the friendly to their neighbours from the north with Alphonso Davies putting Canada ahead shortly after Pulisic's substitution. An added time second from Cavallini added to a miserable evening for the USA side who now lie second in Group A of the Concacaf Nations League.
The player was visibly distressed with the decision which compounds his frustrating season to date. Despite a high weight of expectation on the 21-year-old following his big money move from Dortmund, the attacking winger admits that acclimatisation to the demands of the Premier League has been difficult.
Christian Pulisic frustrated after coming off against Canada.pic.twitter.com/ulHoYe4tl3— USMNT Only (@usmntonly) October 16, 2019
Pulisic's Chelsea face Newcastle United at Stamford Bridge this Saturday.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA Not time to panic, but LeBron's Lakers could use some help
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN Why is Sen. Ron Johnson proving unpopular during the Senate stimulus check debate?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea and Liverpool heading in different directions after champions ruthlessly exposed
- LEBRON JAMES LeBron releases first sneak-peak photos of new Space Jam movie
- US NEWS Can I get the child tax credit or the child care tax credit, and what are the differences?
- 2021 TAX FILING How to check your adjusted gross income for tax filing and the third stimulus check