Carles Gil wins MLS Newcomer of the Year award
Former Valencia, Aston Villa and Deportivo la Coruña midfielder Gil became the first New England Revolution player to win the award.
Gil joins an elite list of MLS starts with the likes of Zlatan Ibrahimovic winning the 2018 acclaim with the award claimed the year before by current Newcastle United player Miguel Almiron for his time at new MLS franchise Atlanta United.
Next up for Gil and his New England Revolution side is a MLS Cup clash against current holders Atlanta United at the Mercedes-Benz Stadium this weekend.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- US NEWS US Election 2020: How can I get absentee ballot to vote?
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Luis Suárez swaps Barcelona for LaLiga rivals Atlético Madrid
- BARCELONA Sergiño Dest is the second most expensive American transfer in history
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool keen on signing 17-year-old sensation Gio Reyna
- FOOTBALL Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney make Wrexham bid