Carles Gil wins MLS Newcomer of the Year award
Former Valencia, Aston Villa and Deportivo la Coruña midfielder Gil became the first New England Revolution player to win the award.
Gil joins an elite list of MLS starts with the likes of Zlatan Ibrahimovic winning the 2018 acclaim with the award claimed the year before by current Newcastle United player Miguel Almiron for his time at new MLS franchise Atlanta United.
Next up for Gil and his New England Revolution side is a MLS Cup clash against current holders Atlanta United at the Mercedes-Benz Stadium this weekend.
Te recomendamos en English
- MANCHESTER UNITED Pogba nowhere near ready for Man Utd return, says Solskjaer
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Marcelo has become a liability
- MANCHESTER CITY Guardiola "100 percent" behind City after Champions League ban
- BARCELONA Messi on Barcelona social media scandal: "It's a strange subject"
- VAR Wenger VAR offside proposal ruled out by IFAB for now
- MANCHESTER UNITED Van Persie: Man Utd can't keep changing coaches, give Solskjaer time