Alexis Sanchez ankle surgery goes "exactly as planned"
Inter have confirmed Alexis Sanchez has undergone successful surgery after damaging a tendon in his left ankle while on international duty.
Inter forward Alexis Sanchez has undergone successful surgery on his injured left ankle, the Serie A club have confirmed.
Sanchez was substituted late in Chile's friendly win over Colombia on Saturday, with a dislocated joint causing damage to his peroneus longus tendon.
The 30-year-old travelled to Barcelona on Wednesday for a consultation with professor Ramon Cugat and it was decided the issue should be operated on.
A statement on Inter's official website read: "The visit [with Cugat] confirmed the diagnosis of the Inter medical staff and the decision was made to proceed with surgery on the left ankle.
| UPDATE@Alexis_Sanchez underwent surgery on his left ankle earlier on todayOctober 16, 2019
"The operation was performed in the afternoon on the peroneus longus tendon and it went exactly as planned."
Sanchez, who joined Inter on a season-long loan from Manchester United in August, is expected to miss three months of action.
The ex-Arsenal star has made four appearances for Antonio Conte's side this term, scoring one goal in Serie A, though he was sent off later in the same match against Sampdoria.
Te recomendamos en English
- Mourinho quips: Will Man Utd get Man City's 2018 title after FFP breach?
- Real Madrid Real Madrid's season set to be determined by the next 30 days
- PORTUGAL Extraordinary scenes as Porto's Marega walks off pitch over racist chants
- REAL MADRID Rodrygo and Vinicius seem inextricably linked
- JUVENTUS Sarri explains reasons for Ronaldo's omission following Juventus win
- Champions League Champions League Istanbul 2020 final match-ball revealed