Spanish government say Clásico at Camp Nou is 'not sensible'
According to AS sources at the Sport Council, security issues are behind their reasons for not supporting the game going ahead as planned.
As we advised earlier on Wednesday, LaLiga made a proposal to the Spanish Competition Committee to move the upcoming Clásico set to be played at the Camp Nou on 26 October. Their idea was to move it to the Santiago Bernabéu, effectively switching the home and away legs, in order to avoid the current disruption in Catalonia. Voices have been heard through the day but one that was missing was that of the government, until now.
Sports Council gives view on Clásico debate
According to AS sources, the Sports Council is of the opinion that the game should not be played as scheduled, on that Saturday at 13:00 local time.
"As events are unfolding, we believe, like LaLiga and the RFEF, that it is not sensible to play that game as planned," stated the source although they did not expand to say whether they prefer postponement or a switch of venue.
The Competition Committee will have the last word on this matter.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA All Star 2021: Slam Dunk Contest updates, Three points and Skills Challenge winner... | Live online
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA All Star Game 2021 : Team LeBron vs Team Durant, scores, highlights | Live online
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA All-Star 2021: who has won the most All-Star Game MVP awards?
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA All-Star: who has won the most Slam Dunk Contests?
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN New unemployment benefits 2021: who will get extra payments from the stimulus bill?
- INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY International Women's Day: meaning, origin and why it's celebrated today