Gareth Bale out for Mallorca and a doubt for El Clásico
The Real Madrid medical team carried out further tests on the Welshman on Wednesday and the news is not too positive following his injury against Croatia.
Gareth Bale will miss Real Madrid game against Mallorca on Saturday as LaLiga returns following the international break, and this could also put at risk his availability for next week's Clásico.
Bale in Clásico race to be fit
Following the injury picked up for his country against Croatia, the Welshman was assessed by the medical team in Madrid on Wednesday. The general feeling was not optimisitic and as well as definitely missing the league trip to the Spanish islanders, Bale's chances of making the Champions League game against Galatasaray in Istanbul are slim.
Still in pain on Wednesday, the winger was unable to train with the group and will now work on his recovery with the specialists at the club. If he does not return in time for Tuesday's European group match, one that some believe is a must-win for Zidane, focus will turn to the first Barcelona clash of the season, on 26 October. The results of the player's MRI will provide some clarity on the extent of the injury, and then the hope at the Bernabéu is that his recuperation is swift and without any relapse.
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in the European Championship? Sunday 20 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- NBA NBA playoffs 2021: Bucks stun Nets in overtime to take conference final spot
- BASEBALL Red Sox jump to first place, Padres win without Tatis
- NBA When was the last time the Clippers were in the NBA conference finals?
- NBA When was the last time the Suns were in the NBA Conference finals?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Another failure for Spain in both areas