El Clásico rearranged date decision due by end of Friday
According to Cadena SER, there are two dates in mind, both fitting the criteria demanded, while there are no plans to switch venue to the Santiago Bernabéu.
According to Spanish station Cadena SER on Wednesday evening, the Competition Committee will make their decision known on when Barcelona will face Real Madrid either Thursday or Friday of this week.
Clásico date within 48 hours
It was initially reported that we would not find out about the first Liga Clásico of the season, which was due to be played on 26 October, until next Wednesday, just four days before the original game date. However, based on the new information, the authorities are keen to have a decision out much earlier.
The two options that are being considered on when to play the game are either 4 or 18 December. Both dates fall within the first round of fixtures and would be at the Camp Nou.
Local police, along with other voices from within the game, agree that trying to play on the originally planned date is a security risk but they do not see the game being transferred to the Santiago Bernabéu, as regulations on this matter do not allow for a change of stadium.
Earlier on Wednesday it had been proposed to move the game to Madrid due to ongoing conflict in Barcelona after pro-seperatist politicians were sentenced to jail time earlier in the week. The protests have caused mayhem in areas of the city and LaLiga want to avoid playing the Clásico, an already quite politically-charged game, during the disruption.
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Ronaldo scores in his 1,000th game
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Quique Setién: "Messi is a guarantee for any coach"
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Braithwaite after Barcelona debut: "I won't wash my clothes after hugging Messi"
- Bundesliga Paderborn confirm death of 14-month-old girl at Bayern game
- BARCELONA 5 - 0 EIBAR Real Madrid badge spotted on scoreboard at the Camp Nou
- Levante v Real Madrid Hazard off injured during Levante-Real Madrid with Clásico next week