Icardi leaves door open to PSG exit
The PSG loan striker revealed he was open to leaving Paris at the end of the season, while seemingly ruling out a return to Inter Milan.
Mauro Icardi has stated he would be ready to leave PSG at the end of the season if things don’t work out for him in Paris.
The 26-year-old striker joined PSG from Inter Milan on a one-year loan in September, in a deal which gives the French club a purchase option upon the conclusion of the loan term.
So far, the Argentina international has netted two goals in four games, and should he continue he keep up his goalscoring form, PSG could be eager to execute their right to purchase him at the end of the season.
Otherwise, Icardi revealed that he was open to moving on and seemed to rule out a return to Inter Milan, suggesting that if he leaves PSG it would be defend a “new shirt”.
“This year I'm at PSG and my goal is to give the maximum for this shirt,” the Argentine forward told Gazzetta dello Sport.
“At the end of the season, in May or June, we'll see what happens. Now is too soon to say anything. If I have to leave, I will do everything in my power to defend my new shirt.”
Icardi enjoying life at PSG
Although the Inter loanee also stressed that he is enjoying playing football in Paris alongside super stars like Neymar and Kylian Mbappé, as well as with other Spanish-speaking team mates that have helped his adaption.
He said: “They are very strong. I like to play with world-class players that are able to change the game at the last minute, like Neymar. Here I have found a large group and with some of them I can speak in Spanish and that also helps.”
Te recomendamos en English
- Football Real Madrid, Barça and Juventus issue joint statement denouncing 'threats'
- REAL MADRID Ramos out of crucial Real Madrid match against Sevilla
- LALIGA When was Barcelona's last defeat to Atlético Madrid at Camp Nou?
- Premier League Leeds United vs Tottenham: Premier League live
- BARCELONA Barcelona attempt to sign De Ligt for a second time
- 2022 World Cup Five key sustainability features connected with Qatar 2022