How much does Ronaldo make from Instagram a year?
The Juventus star makes more from Instagram posts than he does from playing football with Messi in second as the most influential instagrammers.
Cristiano Ronaldo is a footballer first and foremost. But according to Buzz Bingo, he makes more money as an Instagram influencer than he does from his primary vocation. There is no end to the growth either as he picked up the number one spot last year too with the cost per ad increasing in the last 12 months.
His €30 million salary from the Serie A club almost pales in comparison to the €43 million he makes from the photo and video-sharing app every year.
"Ronaldo is the most followed human on Instagram (with 186 million followers) so companies are paying almost $1 million for posts to access his insane reach," Hopper HQ marketing executive Nicola Cronin told Business Insider.
Ronaldo, Messi, Beckham and Bale in top 20
The 34-year-old is ahead of Messi, David Beckham, Neymar and then Zlatan, who round out the top five. He makes twice what the Argentine per year. At €875,000 a pop, he has posted 49 ads this year. Six of the top 10 are made up of sports stars with Ronaldinho appearing at number 9.
With Ronaldo and Messi leading the way, as they do on the football field, Kendall Jenner is next. She makes a paltry €16 million a year. Gareth Bale is the only Real Madrid player on the list at 13. He makes around €1 million a year from advertisements on the site.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Can you drink alcohol after taking a covid-19 vaccine?
- OLYMPICS 100 days until Tokyo games: Spitz urges Olympics to allow 'rightful opportunity to speak out'
- OLYMPICS Dibaba: Olympics would be "more comfortable" if athletes were vaccinated before Tokyo
- MLB MLB round-up: Dream start to MLB career continues for Baddoo, Giolioto-Bieber will be one to watch for years
- US POLICING Former Minnesota police officer to be charged with manslaughter for the killing of Daunte Wright
- VACCINE NEWS What is a cerebral venous sinus thrombosis? Blood clot symptons and causes