How much does Ronaldo make from Instagram a year?
The Juventus star makes more from Instagram posts than he does from playing football with Messi in second as the most influential instagrammers.
Cristiano Ronaldo is a footballer first and foremost. But according to Buzz Bingo, he makes more money as an Instagram influencer than he does from his primary vocation. There is no end to the growth either as he picked up the number one spot last year too with the cost per ad increasing in the last 12 months.
His €30 million salary from the Serie A club almost pales in comparison to the €43 million he makes from the photo and video-sharing app every year.
"Ronaldo is the most followed human on Instagram (with 186 million followers) so companies are paying almost $1 million for posts to access his insane reach," Hopper HQ marketing executive Nicola Cronin told Business Insider.
Ronaldo, Messi, Beckham and Bale in top 20
The 34-year-old is ahead of Messi, David Beckham, Neymar and then Zlatan, who round out the top five. He makes twice what the Argentine per year. At €875,000 a pop, he has posted 49 ads this year. Six of the top 10 are made up of sports stars with Ronaldinho appearing at number 9.
With Ronaldo and Messi leading the way, as they do on the football field, Kendall Jenner is next. She makes a paltry €16 million a year. Gareth Bale is the only Real Madrid player on the list at 13. He makes around €1 million a year from advertisements on the site.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus South Africa curfew: how to get permit to travel for work
- Coronavirus Lockdown in Pune: dates and restrictions
- CORONAVIRUS South Africa coronavirus curfew: what are the restrictions?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA: could states return to lockdown or phase 1?
- NFL NFL: Washington to drop Redskins name and change logo
- Granada vs Real Madrid Granada vs Real Madrid: How and where to watch LaLiga - times, TV, online