How much does Ronaldo make from Instagram a year?
The Juventus star makes more from Instagram posts than he does from playing football with Messi in second as the most influential instagrammers.
Cristiano Ronaldo is a footballer first and foremost. But according to Buzz Bingo, he makes more money as an Instagram influencer than he does from his primary vocation. There is no end to the growth either as he picked up the number one spot last year too with the cost per ad increasing in the last 12 months.
His €30 million salary from the Serie A club almost pales in comparison to the €43 million he makes from the photo and video-sharing app every year.
"Ronaldo is the most followed human on Instagram (with 186 million followers) so companies are paying almost $1 million for posts to access his insane reach," Hopper HQ marketing executive Nicola Cronin told Business Insider.
Ronaldo, Messi, Beckham and Bale in top 20
The 34-year-old is ahead of Messi, David Beckham, Neymar and then Zlatan, who round out the top five. He makes twice what the Argentine per year. At €875,000 a pop, he has posted 49 ads this year. Six of the top 10 are made up of sports stars with Ronaldinho appearing at number 9.
With Ronaldo and Messi leading the way, as they do on the football field, Kendall Jenner is next. She makes a paltry €16 million a year. Gareth Bale is the only Real Madrid player on the list at 13. He makes around €1 million a year from advertisements on the site.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA and HEALS Act live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news
- United States Who is investigating Donald Trump's companies over fraud?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City sign Valencia star Ferrán Torres
- European football Champions League and Europa League return: where is it happening and how will it work?
- Madrid Open cancelled due to coronavirus