Morata warns Valencia: "Don't expect a nice time" at the Metropolitano
The Atlético Madrid striker is fired up for tomorrow's visit from Valencia: "The fans aren't going to let us down, they never do".
Álvaro Morata is looking forward to Atlético's meeting with Valencia at the Wanda Metropolitano tomorrow afternoon. It's been a up-and-down season so far for the Atleti striker who missed two games with a knee injury then sat out the derby against his old club Real Madrid through suspension: But there's plenty to be positive about says the 26-year-old. "We've started the season well considering there have been a lot of changes to the team compared with last year, we need a period to adapt, get to know each other better, but we've already had some time to do all of that and we're among the top teams in the table so that's positive. If we continue along these lines it's obvious that this could be a good year for us," Morata told the club web site.
Morata expecting great atmosphere at the Metropolitano
Next up for Atlético are Valencia, who moved up to eighth after snatching a win in Bilbao in Week 7. Morata expects the Wanda Metropolitano to be full and in good voice tomorrow: "The atmosphere's going to be incredible, it's a massive game, and especially as is it's at our stadium - we know our fans won't let us down, they never do. It's a very important game and the first game back after an international break is always a bit difficult but between all of us, we'll try and get the result we want".
Morata added that he has the greatest respect for Valencia but hopes they won't have a good day in the capital: "They're a great club, one of the best teams in Spain and they are also competing in Europe. It'll be a diffiuclt game for us - but for them too. I'm sure it won't be a pleasant visit for them. We have to take the initiative, attack them as much as we can and defend as one - that will be the key to the game".
Te recomendamos en English
- George Floyd Protests Trump threatens to use the U.S. military if governors can’t contain the violent protests
- Coronavirus Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus check: plans for second Economic Impact Payment
- George Floyd Protests George Floyd protests: Trump takes shelter in White House bunker
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League clubs to vote on relegation plans amid financial concerns