Griezmann on Messi and Suárez: "I work so they can enjoy themselves"
The Frenchman had a hand in all three of Barcelona's goals against Eibar: "It's probably my best game in statistics but I've only just started here."
Antoine Griezmann described his performance in Barcelona’s 3-0 victory over Eibar in Ipurua as his best for Ernesto Valverde’s side but added that it will take time for his partnership with Leo Messi and Luis Suárez to reach its full potential.
“Statistically it was probably my best game but in terms of work rate I’m still at the same level I was before. I work so that my teammates can enjoy themselves,” Griezmann told pitch-side reporters after the match. “There will better days, and others that are not so good because I’ve only just started here. We need to understand each other more but that will come with time.”
Griezmann: "I told Clément to put me into space"
The France striker also explained how he and Clément Lenglet, teammates at international level, had hatched a plan to exploit the flanks that led to the first goal, scored by Griezmann. “We knew that they would be pressing high up. I told Clément that if he saw me close to the full back that he should put me into space. We created a lot of chances like that. We played a very good game today and it was important to get the three points after the international break when you’ve been doing something else for a few days. Now we have to start thinking about the Champions League.”
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League Man City chief says alleged FFP breaches are "simply not true"
- Qatar 2022 Eto'o: The 2022 World Cup will be an exceptional experience for fans
- Dortmund 2-1 PSG Haaland: Dortmund star touches world 60m record against PSG
- ATLÉTICO MADRID "Anfield's very old, it wouldn't pass the UEFA inspection"
- Champions League Mourinho looking to end six-year Champions League drought
- Transfer market Messi: LA Galaxy offer Barça star escape route amid crisis