Mixed fortunes for Boca and River ahead of Libertadores semi
Boca Juniors conceded only their second goal of the Superliga Argentina season but it was enough for Racing to secure maximum points at La Bombonera.
Buenos Aires giants River Plate and Boca Juniors had their week 10 Superliga Argentina fixtures brought forward a day to allow both sides added time to prepare ahead of Tuesdauy's Copa Libertadores semi-final (second leg) at La Bombonera where River hold a 2-0 first leg advantage.
"Los Millonarios" from River will be the happier of the sides after a late third goal secured a vital away point as they faced Arsenal de Sarandi away. River trailed 3-1 on the hour mark but Scocco clawed Gallardo's side back into contention with an 87th minute own goal from Arsenal's Torrent secured a 3-3 with the draw a psychological boost for the side from Nuñez.
The night was not so positive for the side from La Boca as they lost their first game of the domestic campaign falling 0-1 to current league holders Racing at La Bombonera. In a weakened side fielded by Boca boss Alfaro, it took a 27th minute effort from Zaracho to unlock the Boca defence as Racing spent the rest of the game on the back foot with the men in navy and yellow unable to pick a way through the Racing defence.
Te recomendamos en English
- Juventus director Paratici under investigation over Suarez's Italian exam
- SERIE A Official: Napoli stadium renamed Stadio Diego Armando Maradona
- REAL MADRID Camavinga a step closer to Real Madrid
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid squad for Sevilla: Sergio Ramos left behind
- FOOTBALL Tagliafico signs new Ajax contract which includes get-out clause
- Atlético Madrid Luis Suárez set to train after negative covid-19 test