Mixed fortunes for Boca and River ahead of Libertadores semi
Boca Juniors conceded only their second goal of the Superliga Argentina season but it was enough for Racing to secure maximum points at La Bombonera.
Buenos Aires giants River Plate and Boca Juniors had their week 10 Superliga Argentina fixtures brought forward a day to allow both sides added time to prepare ahead of Tuesdauy's Copa Libertadores semi-final (second leg) at La Bombonera where River hold a 2-0 first leg advantage.
"Los Millonarios" from River will be the happier of the sides after a late third goal secured a vital away point as they faced Arsenal de Sarandi away. River trailed 3-1 on the hour mark but Scocco clawed Gallardo's side back into contention with an 87th minute own goal from Arsenal's Torrent secured a 3-3 with the draw a psychological boost for the side from Nuñez.
The night was not so positive for the side from La Boca as they lost their first game of the domestic campaign falling 0-1 to current league holders Racing at La Bombonera. In a weakened side fielded by Boca boss Alfaro, it took a 27th minute effort from Zaracho to unlock the Boca defence as Racing spent the rest of the game on the back foot with the men in navy and yellow unable to pick a way through the Racing defence.
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Ledecky going for gold, medal count, results, today 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Ledecky aiming for two golds in a day with Titmus in the way
- REAL MADRID Official: Real Madrid defender Varane signs for Manchester United