Bayern: Lewandowski equals Aubameyang's Bundesliga record
Bayern Munich's Robert Lewandowski has now scored in the first eight Bundesliga matches, matching Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang's record.
Robert Lewandowski scored for the eighth Bundesliga match running, equalling a record set by Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
Lewandowski headed home his 12th league goal of the campaign to draw Bayern level against Augsburg on Saturday after Niko Kovac's side fell behind inside 30 seconds.
The Poland international has now netted in the opening eight Bundesliga games of the season, matching Aubameyang's impressive effort at Borussia Dortmund in 2015-16.
No Bundesliga player has scored in the first nine matches of a campaign, meaning Lewandowski will have the opportunity to make history should he feature against Union Berlin next Saturday.
Serge Gnabry thought he had completed the comeback for the reigning Bundesliga champions in the Augsburg Arena, only for Bayern to suffer another setback to their title defence when Alfred Finnbogason popped up with a 90th-minute equaliser.
— Bundesliga English (@Bundesliga_EN) October 19, 2019
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Setién has a defensive problem he needs to fix
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: James can't find his place
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool: 4 teams who won the league with 5 games to spare
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp: "Impossible to have the dominance United once had"
- REAL MADRID - SEVILLA Sevilla visit the Bernabéu on the back of 12 losses in a row there
- FOOTBALL Mourinho not happy with Conte for speaking publicly about Eriksen