"We didn't lack motivation or intensity” - Marcelo after Real Madrid's defeat to Mallorca
"We should've won. We conceded early on and that made the rest of the game difficult," Madrid's Brazilian left-back said after the match.
Real Madrid's Brazilian left-back Marcelo spoke after his side's defeat away to newly promoted Mallorca on Saturday night.
Balance. "We should've won. We conceded early on and that made the rest of the game difficult. We didn't start well but we tried to draw level."
Motivation. "We tried everything to shoot at goal and to get men in the box, but it just didn't happen."
Intensity. "I don't think nerves crept in. When you lose it's always a problem. They scored early and we didn't know whether we were in good shape or not because of it. Coming from behind is never easy and they shut up shop and defended well after that. We have to try not to concede so early."
The Clásico. “We'll play whenever asked to. If there's a game then great, and if there isn't then that's fine too."
La Liga. "We're always concerned about it, about winning matches. We have to focus on many things but there is a long way to go. We don't like losing. We have to improve in many areas and move forward. The defeat won't affect us too much and we have to take the positives."
Te recomendamos en English
- Tottenham Hotspur What José Mourinho brings to Tottenham Hotspur
- PREMIER LEAGUE Mourinho in 2015: 'I could never manage Tottenham'
- PREMIER LEAGUE Spurs: Kane thanks Pochettino for making "dreams" come true
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid not happy with Bale's 'bad joke' with Wales flag
- REAL MADRID Zidane to deal with hot button issue of Bale on Thursday
- PREMIER LEAGUE Mourinho's best fall-outs: From 'Demenza senile' to eye-pokes