Bayern Munich defender Niklas Süle set for surgery after suffering torn ACL
Germany and Bayern Munich centre-back Niklas Süle faces a long spell on the sideline as he prepares to undergo surgery on Sunday.
Bayern Munich have confirmed Niklas Süle tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee during the Bundesliga draw against Augsburg. Germany centre-back Süle will undergo surgery late today after scans confirmed head coach Niko Kovac's fears of a serious injury.
Süle, 24, went down clutching his left leg after going into a challenge with Florian Niederlechner in the early stages of the 2-2 draw in Bavaria. The defender was able to walk off the pitch but Kovac admitted to having "a very bad feeling" and the most important pillar of his back four now faces several months on the sidelines. Bayern announced the blow following an "in-depth investigation by club doctor Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt".
Headache for Germany ahead of next month's Euro 2020 qualifiers
Süle was making his eighth start of the champions' uneven Bundesliga campaign, having become an entrenched member of the starting XI last season as the influence of Jérôme Boateng and Mats Hummels - now at Borussia Dortmund - started to wane. His condition is sure to be of concern to Joachim Löw, who may have to make Euro 2020 plans without the former Hoffenheim player. Germany
Bayern came from behind to lead at Augsburg following Süle's substitution but were ultimately forced to share the spoils, Alfred Finnbogason nicking a point for the hosts in second-half stoppage time.
Te recomendamos en English
- Entertainment Golden Globes 2021: hosts, presenters and special guests
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus Check: is it necessary to live in the US to be eligible for payment?
- GOLDEN GLOBE AWARDS Golden Globes 2021: times, TV and how and where to watch online
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? New $3000 child tax credit: live
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: when will the proposal be voted on in the Senate?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: who voted in favour in the House of Representatives?