Koeman's special Barça clause in Holland contract revealed
Dutch FA boss Nico-Jan Hoogma has acknowledged Koeman's desire to coach Barcelona and revealed information about the special contract clause.
Ronald Koeman's contract with the Dutch national team includes a clause which would allow him to leave after Euro 2020 but only to coach Barcelona, it has been revealed by the Royal Dutch Football Association (KNVB) director Nico-Jan Hoogma.
Koeman signed on as Holland coach in February 2018 and has a contract that expires after the Qatar World Cup in 2022. But he would be free to leave before the termination date were Barcelona to come knocking.
Asked about possibility of the Catalan club trying to sign Koeman next summer, Hoogma said he hoped ex-Ajax coach would stay on until the next World Cup, but acknowledged his desire to manage Barcelona and revealed information about the special contract clause.
Koeman-Barcelona "agreements have been made"
"Ronald has long indicated that he wants to be Barcelona coach someday. Let's see what will happen,” said Hoogma.
"Success with Oranje will certainly help him. But again, I hope that the process continues up to and including the World Cup in Qatar.
“Agreements have been made about it. They will have to pay something for him. How much? I'm not talking about that.”
Te recomendamos en English
- COPA DEL REY Atlético stunned by Cultural Leonesa in Copa del Rey shock
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Setién and Valverde not that different, says De Jong
- SCHALKE 04 Todibo: "During training, you had to defend Messi with caution"
- MANCHESTER CITY Silva: "Real Madrid called me year after year but I didn't go"
- Manchester United How bad are Manchester United under Solskjaer?
- REAL MADRID Benzema: Real Madrid striker agrees contract extension