Real Madrid: Modric, Bale left out of squad for Galatasaray
Having missed the defeat to Mallorca through injury, the pair are also out of Real Madrid's Champions League Group A clash with Galatasaray.
Luka Modric and Gareth Bale, who both missed Saturday's LaLiga defeat to Real Mallorca after picking up injuries on international duty, have also been left out of Zinedine Zidane's travelling party for Tuesday's crucial Champions League group-stage clash away to Galatasaray.
13-time European champions Madrid travel to Istanbul in desperate need of a win, having collected just one point from their opening two Group A games.
Hazard, Carvajal and Kroos return to Madrid squad
On a positive note, however, Eden Hazard, Dani Carvajal and Toni Kroos are all back in the Madrid squad. Hazard did not travel to Mallorca because of the birth of his fourth child, while Carvajal was rested for the clash at Son Moix. Kroos, meanwhile, is in contention to return to the team after recovering ahead of schedule from a muscle strain suffered against Granada two weeks ago.
Nacho Fernández, Lucas Vázquez and long-term absentee Marco Asensio join Modric and Bale in missing out through injury, while Zidane has also opted to leave out striker Mariano Díaz, who has not featured at all this season.
Real Madrid squad to face Galatasaray:
Goalkeepers: Courtois, Areola and Altube.
Defenders: Carvajal, Militao, Ramos, Varane, Marcelo, Odriozola and Mendy.
Midfielders: Kroos, Casemiro, Valverde, James and Isco.
Forwards: Hazard, Benzema, Jović, Brahim, Vinicius and Rodrygo.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid fans angry over Bale's "childish" antics - Calderon
- Premier League Mourinho's call for 'respect' as he sends warning to Klopp and Pep
- GIMNASIA LP Diego Maradona u-turn to stay at Gimnasia
- REAL MADRID Eden Hazard: "PSG wanted me but I've always said no"
- Premier League Solskjaer, not Pochettino, is right man for Man Utd - Rashford
- Real Madrid Gareth Bale's agent says flag celebration was 'for the media'