Real Madrid: Daniele Orsato to oversee Galatasaray clash
It will be the second time that Orsato has directed a Real Madrid match in the Champions League, with the first being the 8-0 win over Malmo in 2015.
Italian referee Daniele Orsato will officiate Real Madrid’s meeting with Galatasaray in Istanbul on Tuesday, where Zinedine Zidane's side will be looking to record their first win of their Champions League campaign after having picked up just one point from their two previous encounters.
It will be the second time that Orsato has directed a Real Madrid match in the Champions League. The first was Los Blancos’ 8-0 win over Swedish side Malmo at the Santiago Bernabéu back in December, 2015.
The Italian official has already overseen one Champions League match involving a Spanish club in this season: Valencia’s 3-0 defeat at home to Ajax on October 2.
With extensive experience in Serie A, Orsato has been an international-level referee for eleven years and aside from Madrid and Valencia, he has officiated meetings of Manchester United, Chelsea and Atlético Madrid in the continent’s premier club competition.
Madrid team news for Galatasaray
Having lost 3-0 to PSG and drawn 2-2 at home to Club Brugge, anything less than a win for Zidane’s side against Galatasaray could put their progression to the last 16 in jeopardy.
The French coach will be delighted to welcome back Eden Hazard, Dani Carvajal and Toni Kroos for the tough trip to Istanbul following their respective absences, while Luka Modric and Gareth Bale remain unavailable through injury.
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 Euro 2020 play-offs, pots & finals draw: teams, dates, times...
- BAYERN MUNICH Pochettino-Bayern links re-intensify in Germany
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane could see James' injury coming
- BRAZIL Tite responds to criticism of Rodrygo's lack of playing time
- LALIGA Gareth Bale 'in that order' flag inspires Spanish football
- REAL MADRID José Mourinho to open Spurs escape hatch for Gareth Bale