Liverpool praise Man United for swift action on racist abuse
A spectator among Manchester United's home support is alleged to have been involved in a racist incident during the Liverpool draw.
Manchester United are investigating after a fan in the home section at Old Trafford was alleged to have engaged in racial abuse during Sunday's 1-1 draw with Liverpool.
United act fast on more racism allegations
The club confirmed a person was removed from the stadium and they are looking into the situation with urgency.
A United spokesperson said: "We are aware of an incident at yesterday's [Sunday] game where an individual in the home section has allegedly engaged in racial abuse.
"The individual was identified and ejected from the stadium. We are currently investigating the matter as a priority.
"Racism and all forms of discrimination are completely unacceptable and do not reflect the values of our club."
United did not comment on a potential punishment, though Liverpool will be in favour of "the strongest possible action" should someone be found guilty.
The Reds also praised United's immediacy in beginning an investigation.
A spokesperson from the Anfield club said: "Liverpool Football Club takes all allegations of this manner extremely seriously and will support the strongest possible action being taken against anyone found to be responsible.
"At this stage it would be inappropriate to comment further on the alleged incident itself other than to welcome the swiftness with which Manchester United have launched an investigation and support their stance that racism and discrimination must be treated with zero tolerance."
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- US NEWS Covid vaccine in the US live updates today: J&J vaccine recall, blood clots, Fauci statements, My Turn...
- ROYAL FAMILY Prince Philip Funeral: what happened at the Duke of Edinburgh's Windsor ceremony?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK $600 Golden State Stimulus check: when are they being sent?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check for veterans: how to track and claim a missing payment
- MLS Carlos Vela gets mad at Bob Bradley for taking him off too early