Mbappé, Cavani unable to play 90 minutes yet, says PSG boss Tuchel
Paris Saint-Germain are getting key players back from injury, but Kylian Mbappé and Edinson Cavani are not yet ready to play 90 minutes.
Neither Kylian Mbappé nor Edinson Cavani will be fit enough to play the full 90 minutes against Club Brugge in the Champions League on Tuesday, according to coach Thomas Tuchel.
Key PSG pair back from injury lay-offs
PSG have included Mbappé and Cavani in their travelling party for the trip to Belgium, but Tuchel has a decision to make about how long they feature for, if at all.
Mbappé returned to action against Nice last Friday, scoring as a substitute in the 4-1 win following three weeks out with a thigh strain.
Cavani did not get off the bench in Nice, with the Uruguay star being managed more carefully given his absence of almost two months with a hip injury.
Tuchel could start both in theory, but the German insists neither can play the full 90 minutes.
"We're here with 17 players plus three goalkeepers, as usual," he told reporters on Monday. "But it's still too much for Kylian to play 90 minutes, we have to decide if he starts or ends the game.
"It's the same with Edi [Cavani]. I have a few ideas, a lot of things in my head, but I do not have the XI yet, because we still have one last training session.
"It's great that Kylian and Edi are with us. It was very long without them, but the others took the opportunity.
"Now we're stronger with them but we have to think about the best match-for-match solution. It is clear that without Ney, Edi and Kylian we lack quality and experience, but the other players proved that we were able to play at a very high level.
"But for me, we talk too much. This is the Champions League, an away game, it's the hardest in Europe."
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS IRS phone number: how can I talk to a real person on the helpline?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- US NEWS Houston close schools as Storm Beta approaches
- Hurricanes Tropical Storm Beta: why is the Greek alphabet used to name hurricanes?
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: Democrats and Republicans look to strike deal on payment
- Coronavirus How many coronavirus cases are there in Sweden without lockdown?