Gerard Piqué-owned Andorra FC sign Shakira's nephew
Tarik Antonio Mebarak made his debut for Andorra FC's second team on Sunday, playing the full 90 minutes in a 4-1 regional-league victory over Rialp.
Shakira's nephew is the latest signing at Andorra FC, the Spanish league club bought by the Colombian singer's partner, Barcelona footballer Gerard Piqué.
Made second-team debut in weekend win
Tarik Antonio Mebarak made his debut this weekend for Los Tricolores' second team, who play in the fourth division of Catalonia's regional-league system, appearing for the full 90 minutes in a 4-1 victory over Rialp on Sunday.
The son of Shakira's brother Tonino, Mebarak was without a club, having previously had spells in the youth set-ups at Colombian sides Junior de Barranquilla and Independiente Santa Fe.
The 19-year-old has also spent time training with other clubs in Spain and in the United States, where he had a stint in the Miami Soccer Club academy run by the Argentinian coach Alejandro Waigandt.
Although signed as a second-team player, Mebarak has also trained with the senior squad since his arrival at Andorra FC.
"Physically, he's a beast"
"He plays as a right-back, but I fielded him as a winger on Sunday because he's a very pacey, powerful player," Andorra B head coach Carlos Sánchez said of the club's new recruit. "Physically, he's a beast."
Bought by Piqué in late 2018, Andorra FC are coached by ex-Barça midfielder Gabri García and play in Segunda División B, Spain's regionalised third tier.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA All Star Game live online: Team LeBron vs Team Durant
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA All Star 2021: three point contest, slam dunk, Sabonis wins the Skills Challenge | live online
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 2021 NBA All Star: Eastern or Western team, who has won more times?
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA All-Star 2021: who has won the most All-Star Game MVP awards?
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA All-Star: who has won the most Slam Dunk Contests?
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN Unemployment benefits 2020: how much is the tax-free waiver?