Reus to miss Inter v Dortmund Champions League clash
Borussia Dortmund boss Lucien Favre will be without captain Marco Reus, Paco Alcácer and Marcel Schmelzer against Inter in the Champions League.
Marco Reus will miss Borussia Dortmund's Champions League trip to Inter due to illness.
Dortmund captain Reus completed 90 minutes despite feeling unwell on Saturday, scoring a 58th-minute winner against Bundesliga leaders Borussia Mönchengladbach.
But those exertions appear to have taken a toll after BVB announced the 30-year-old Germany forward will not travel to Milan for Wednesday's match.
Striker Paco Alcácer (calf) and left-back Marcel Schmelzer (hip) are also absentees.
Being without Reus and Alcácer means head coach Lucien Favre is even more likely to recall Jadon Sancho after the England winger was dropped for the Gladbach game following a late return from international duty.
Dortmund are top of Group F after two matches, leading Barcelona on goal difference and three points better off than Antonio Conte's Inter.
Um 11.15 Uhr fliegt unser Team nach Mailand. Die Kadersituation:— Borussia Dortmund (@BVB) October 22, 2019
@woodyinho (noch angeschlagen)
@Schmelle29 (Zerrung im rechten Hüftbeuger)
@paco93alcacer (muskuläre Probleme in der Wade)#InterBVB pic.twitter.com/zYvoeAwGJc
Te recomendamos en English
- AFCON qualifiers Despite an early scare, Nigeria too strong for plucky Lesotho
- Barcelona Barcelona: Dani Olmo leaves door open for Camp Nou return
- MLS Mandzukic: Inter Miami and LA Galaxy want Juventus striker
- European Championships England end Euro 2020 qualifying campaign on a high
- Euro 2020 Van Dijk leaves Netherlands squad due to personal reasons
- CRISTIANO RONALDO Cristiano: "You all invented a story that all was not well at Juve"