Reus to miss Inter v Dortmund Champions League clash
Borussia Dortmund boss Lucien Favre will be without captain Marco Reus, Paco Alcácer and Marcel Schmelzer against Inter in the Champions League.
Marco Reus will miss Borussia Dortmund's Champions League trip to Inter due to illness.
Dortmund captain Reus completed 90 minutes despite feeling unwell on Saturday, scoring a 58th-minute winner against Bundesliga leaders Borussia Mönchengladbach.
But those exertions appear to have taken a toll after BVB announced the 30-year-old Germany forward will not travel to Milan for Wednesday's match.
Striker Paco Alcácer (calf) and left-back Marcel Schmelzer (hip) are also absentees.
Being without Reus and Alcácer means head coach Lucien Favre is even more likely to recall Jadon Sancho after the England winger was dropped for the Gladbach game following a late return from international duty.
Dortmund are top of Group F after two matches, leading Barcelona on goal difference and three points better off than Antonio Conte's Inter.
Um 11.15 Uhr fliegt unser Team nach Mailand. Die Kadersituation:— Borussia Dortmund (@BVB) October 22, 2019
@woodyinho (noch angeschlagen)
@Schmelle29 (Zerrung im rechten Hüftbeuger)
@paco93alcacer (muskuläre Probleme in der Wade)#InterBVB pic.twitter.com/zYvoeAwGJc
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Messi: Barcelona boss Koeman defends captain after red card
- BUNDESLIGA Jovic: I couldn't have imagined better Eintracht Frankfurt comeback
- Juventus 'couldn't have had a worse match' but Pirlo maintains lofty ambitions
- SERIE A Juventus ambitions intact despite Inter defeat, says Pirlo
- US News Who’s who in Biden’s science team and what does “elevated to cabinet” mean?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS When will Joe Biden's American Rescue Plan be approved?