Reus to miss Inter v Dortmund Champions League clash
Borussia Dortmund boss Lucien Favre will be without captain Marco Reus, Paco Alcácer and Marcel Schmelzer against Inter in the Champions League.
Marco Reus will miss Borussia Dortmund's Champions League trip to Inter due to illness.
Dortmund captain Reus completed 90 minutes despite feeling unwell on Saturday, scoring a 58th-minute winner against Bundesliga leaders Borussia Mönchengladbach.
But those exertions appear to have taken a toll after BVB announced the 30-year-old Germany forward will not travel to Milan for Wednesday's match.
Striker Paco Alcácer (calf) and left-back Marcel Schmelzer (hip) are also absentees.
Being without Reus and Alcácer means head coach Lucien Favre is even more likely to recall Jadon Sancho after the England winger was dropped for the Gladbach game following a late return from international duty.
Dortmund are top of Group F after two matches, leading Barcelona on goal difference and three points better off than Antonio Conte's Inter.
Um 11.15 Uhr fliegt unser Team nach Mailand. Die Kadersituation:— Borussia Dortmund (@BVB) October 22, 2019
@woodyinho (noch angeschlagen)
@Schmelle29 (Zerrung im rechten Hüftbeuger)
@paco93alcacer (muskuläre Probleme in der Wade)#InterBVB pic.twitter.com/zYvoeAwGJc
Te recomendamos en English
- Real Betis Rubi: “Lainez is ready but Guido Rodriguez still needs to adapt to the league”
- MLS TUDN: LA Galaxy leaves 14 jersey open so Chicharito could claim it
- BARCELONA Setién: "Messi did what Messi always does"
- BARCELONA Busquets: "You'll see what Setién is asking of us"
- Premier League Van Dijk refuses to agree that title race is over
- Bundesliga Not every team wins 4-0 in Berlin! Flick lauds his Bayern side