Marcelo says Real Madrid unlucky not to score two or three against Galatasaray
The Real Madrid left back spoke at the end of the his side's 1-0 Champions League win over Galatasaray in Istanbul.
Real Madrid left back Marcelo spoke to 'Movistar Champions League' at the final whistle of the game against Galatasaray, which ended 0-1 for Zidane's team.
Must-win game against Galatasaray for Real Madrid
We have to give everything in every game to win. Today we had to win, no matter what. It's been tough. It's a tough ground and a tough rival. We've got the win, which is vital.
Yes, we were trying to score. We've had so many chances, but only scored one. It's enough for three points, but with a bit of luck we'd have scored two or three.
Extra effort tonight?
We always give everything. The commitment is always there, the Real Madrid badge is more important than anything. Every time we play we have to give it our all. Today we gave everything because it was a really tough game. We had to double our work rate and we've got the victory.
We're please for ourselves, for the fans, for Real Madrid. We need to get better, that's obvious. Little by little we're getting into our stride. Today was an important win; we need to carry on like this.
Rodrygo, Fede and Courtois
They are young lads, Vini too, who came on at the end. Courtois was good too. We're a team. When we win, we all win, and when we lose, we all lose. We need to improve a lot of things and we need to stay united as always.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- GAMING NEWS Genshin Impact: how to download free in PS4, PC, iOS and Android
- US Election 2020 What did Trump say about vote by mail in debate against Biden?
- Coronavirus India Covid-19 cases surpass 6.2 million; vice-president Venkaiah Naidu tests positive
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: how much would be paid to children and adults in new HEROES Act?
- US NEWS US elections 2020: What did moderator Chris Wallace and Trump argue about?