Courtois: Real Madrid identify replacement for under-fire keeper
Athletic Bilbao stopper Unai Simón, 22, is reportedly attracting interest from Real Madrid amid criticism of the Belgium international.
Thibaut Courtois made the move to Real Madrid in 2018, but he is already seemingly under pressure in Spain.
Life at the Santiago Bernabéu has not gone according to plan for the former Chelsea goalkeeper.
And Madrid already have their eyes on a potential replacement…
Real Madrid eye Simón as Courtois replacement
Real Madrid have identified Athletic Bilbao goalkeeper Unai Simón as a potential replacement for Thibaut Courtois, according to El Desmarque.
Courtois swapped Chelsea for Madrid in 2018, yet the Belgium international has not convinced amid growing criticism in the Spanish capital.
Simon has reportedly attracted interest from Madrid, who would need to pay the 22-year-old's €50million release clause.
- Borussia Dortmund fear losing Manchester United target Jadon Sancho, according to Sport1. Sancho was suspended for last week's Bundesliga win over Borussia Monchengladbach after returning late from international duty.
- Sport claims Barcelona are ready to offload midfielders Ivan Rakitic, Carles Aleña and Riqui Puig in January. Rakitic has been heavily linked to Serie A side Inter, while Tottenham are rumoured to be interested in Alena.
- Manchester United have been given a boost in their pursuit of Mario Mandzukic after the Juventus striker slashed his wage demands, according to The Sun. Mandzukic is out of favour in Turin and set to leave in the January transfer window.
- Sport Bild says Schalke goalkeeper Alexander Nubel has turned down offers from Manchester United, Paris Saint-Germain, Atletico Madrid, RB Leipzig and Roma. The 23-year-old only wants to join Bayern Munich should he leave Schalke when his contract expires at the end of the season.
- The German publication also claims Ralf Rangnick is a candidate to replace Niko Kovac if Bayern Munich decide to part with their current head coach. Bild, however, also says Rangnick is a candidate at Manchester United.
- Calciomercato says AC Milan and Borussia Dortmund are interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Lars Lukas Mai. Dortmund is believed to be the teenager's favoured destination.
- Real Madrid have informed Brahim Díaz he can leave the LaLiga club, reports AS. It comes less than a year after his arrival from Manchester City.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus live updates: data, infections, deaths USA, India, UK...7 April
- LALIGA Coronavirus: Tebas update on plans to bring LaLiga back
- Spanish football LaLiga plans for closed doors and hectic summer schedule
- Covid-19 Coronavirus peaks in USA, UK and India, when are they expected?
- Coronavirus UK Coronavirus: Boris Johnson's letter to UK households arrives
- Coronavirus Which countries have yet to confirm coronavirus cases?