Work at the Al Bayt stadium almost complete
As the second largest venue for the Qatar World Cup in terms of capacity, behind Lusail with 80,000 seats, the 60,000 stadium is close to being ready.
The Supreme Committee on Delivery and Legacy (responsible for projects and initiatives for the 2022 World Cup) is working to have the final touches completed at the Al Bayt Stadium as soon as possible. The Committee's objective is to announce the availability of the venue as host to some of the World Cup matches (until the semi-finals).
This stadium is to hold the second most number of fans across all the venues being prepared for the tournament in Qatar. Behind the 80,000 of Lusail, Al Bayt will be able to accomodate 60,000. Photos of the progress being made were recently published on the Committee's official Twitter account, Road to 2022. These show the development of what has been described as an architectural masterpiece due to the shape being designed on a tent.
The latest photos show that the engineering works of the interior and the surrounding area of the stadium are nearing completion, as are the iconic water features.
As for the other sites, the Khalifa International and Al Janoub stadia have already been inaugurated, while there are six others awaiting an announcement from FIFA and the Committee.
One inauguration date that is known is that of the City of Education stadium, which will take place on 18 December, the same day as one of the semi-finals of the FIFA Club World Cup. That tournament, where European heavyweights Liverpool are hot favourites to pick up the trophy, will take place from 11-21 December in Qatar, with the final being played at the City of Education.
Te recomendamos en English
- Mahrez makes Arsenal move claim and says Leicester cost him 'two years' of career
- CHELSEA "Pulisic feels no pressure to be the next Hazard"
- MANCHESTER UNITED Manchester United: returning Martial crucial to improved form, says James
- KYLIAN MBAPPE Mbappé "flirting" with Madrid actress has Real fans dreaming
- BRAZIL Thiago Silva hopes "Zidane leaves Rodrygo on bench" for PSG-Madrid
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City's Rodri taking title race hope from 2018-19 win