Borussia Dortmund 14-year-old Youssoufa Moukoko becomes UEFA Youth League's youngest scorer
Youssoufa Moukoko made his mark on the UEFA Youth League for Borussia Dortmund on Wednesday despite only being 14 years old.
Borussia Dortmund's Youssoufa Moukoko made history on Wednesday by scoring in the UEFA Youth League at just 14 years of age. The Germany Under-16 international netted after eight minutes of Dortmund's meeting against Inter Milan to become the competition's youngest ever goalscorer.
Moukoko smashes Youth League record
Moukoko does not turn 15 until next month, meaning he smashed the previous record – 16 years and 30 days, held jointly by Ajax's Youri Regeer and Olympiacos' Christos Liatsos.
After scoring 50 goals during the 2018-19 campaign, Moukoko earned promotion to Dortmund's under-19 setup for this season and has caught the eye of Germany boss Joachim Löw. "I've been speaking to [Dortmund U19 coach] Michael Skibbe for a while," Löw told the Bundesliga's official website. "Everyone involved is well advised to wait and let [Moukoko] develop in peace."
Te recomendamos en English
- US CORONAVIRUS NEWS How many Johnson & Johnson vaccines have been administered in the US?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE When are Champions League semi-finals played?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Neymar: "PSG are a team, we showed it against Bayern"
- NBA Durant focused on returning to full fitness, not Nets-76ers showdown
- Stimulus Checks What ID can I use to cash stimulus checks?
- USA What does Biden's $2.3 trillion infrastructure plan include?